Supervisory authorities: communication and procedures
The data protection supervisory authorities may not be a new body created under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), but they have increased greatly in significance on the introduction into law if its stricter regulations.
On many occasions, the actual level of an administrative fine is strongly dependent on communication with the supervisory authorities, with examples from the past clearly showing that cooperation is rewarded. Any company that can provide the evidence required under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and that actively works to improve data protection within its walls can expect to be treated favourably by the supervisory authorities.
Why choose ISiCO?
- We handle all communications with the supervisory authorities
- We also manage negotiations with supervisory authorities on all issues relating to data protection law
- Creation of written submissions
- Preparation and support on audits carried out by the authorities
- Support on pending administrative fine proceedings
- Harmonisation of business models in cooperation with supervisory authorities to achieve solutions in compliance with data protection law
Seamless integration of our affiliated law firm in the event of proceedings
In the process of handling communications with the authorities, we also help to prepare opinions if you are accused of a specific infringement of the law. If, however, a public authority stands firm in its position, the support of an experienced solicitor becomes indispensable. The solicitors at our affiliated law firm Schürmann Rosenthal Dreyer (SRD) can take over your case as soon as an official request for information and a hearing require a response to allow you to defend your rights.
The experts at ISiCO and the solicitors at Schürmann Rosenthal Dreyer have over 10 years of experience with the full range of supervisory authorities and know exactly how to deal with them. Trust in our expertise.