Effective risk analysis helps to identify high risks and find appropriate measures to reduce them, making them manageable for the company. The main objective is to put measures in place to mitigate the risks and ensure that sensitive data remains protected. One important element of data protection is known as threat modelling, which helps to systematically identify risks and develop appropriate countermeasures. This process is particularly relevant when implementing technical and organisational measures (TOM) and when conducting data protection impact assessments (DPIA).
Data protection risk analysis: Protecting data subjects by identifying and minimising risks
In a data protection risk analysis, our experts assess the likelihood and severity of potential harm to data subjects, for instance due to poorly implemented or non-existent data protection processes. For example, we can assess the need for a data protection impact assessment (DPIA) and help you conduct and document it in the form of a DPIA report. Threat and risk identification is done individually for each processing operation – such as the use of MS365 – and needs to be updated as processors change or new technologies are implemented.
Threat modelling: Efficiently identify vulnerabilities and continuously improve data protection
Our threat modelling process builds on your documentation and includes the analysis of data flows, business processes, applications and technical systems to identify potential attack points and vulnerabilities for you. In an iterative process, we regularly review and improve the results to ensure that your data protection requirements are always up to date. We work with you to set priorities and measures to mitigate individual risks, and ensure that all necessary steps are monitored and evaluated for effectiveness at all times. We use a variety of tools and methodologies to make threat modelling as efficient as possible. These include frameworks, checklists and templates to help you carry out the process. In addition, training your staff and raising their awareness of data protection issues can help you to be better prepared for, and respond to, potential future threats and the risks they pose.
The benefits of ISiCO for you:
- Identify threats that could compromise data protection, e.g. unauthorised access to personal data, data leaks or data breaches by third parties.
- Identify attack vectors that could be exploited to access personal data, such as vulnerabilities in your network infrastructure or application architecture.
- Assess threats in terms of their impact on personal data and determine the likelihood of their occurrence.
- Develop safeguards to counter threats and protect personal data, such as data access controls, encryption or privacy policies.
- Prioritise protection measures to focus on those that are the most effective and make the best use of limited resources.
- Review applications and systems to ensure that they comply with data protection requirements and do not pose a threat to personal data.
- Continuously improve data protection by monitoring threats, adapting protective measures and regularly auditing applications and systems.
Act now: Strengthen your data protection with professional threat modelling
Ensure your sensitive data is protected and minimise risk by using our data protection risk analysis today. Contact us for a personal consultation to find out how we can help you protect your business from cyber threats. Rely on our expertise and range of tools to optimise data protection in your company. Don’t wait, act now! We look forward to hearing from you!